Monday, May 14, 2012

No News Is Good News!

Today will be two weeks in the NICU.  And I really don't have any new news which at this point is good news!  Both boys have been doing really well.  They are both still gaining weight, eating, and growing.  They are both getting close to their birth weights -- I'd expect them to hit their birth weights within the next few days.  Both boys are still having several episodes a day of dropping their heart rates and oxygen levels, but they should begin to outgrow this within the next few weeks.

I failed at getting any new pictures.  For some reason, I totally forget when I'm up there with the boys about taking pictures -- I know when they get older I'll regret this!  The picture below was taken about a week ago.  It's not a very good picture, but it gives you some perspective of how tiny these boys are.  It's a picture of Paxton's foot next to my hand (and no I don't have giant hands).


Since I don't have a lot of news about Paxton and Lennox, I thought I would share a few pictures of what big brother Conley has been doing while waiting for his brothers to come home.

Practicing our happy face for when Lennox and Paxton come home!
Hydrating so he can "help" take care of his brothers!
In the video above, Conley is working on sharing his snack!

Thanks again to everyone who continues to say a prayer for Lennox and Paxton.  Although we are definitely in a good spot and the boys are doing well, we can't quite breathe easy yet!  The nurses have said that usually once the boys are about 31-32 weeks (we are 29 weeks right now) and are consistently gaining weight, you can breathe a little easier.  So come on 32 weeks ... this family is ready to breathe!

I promise I will have new pictures of Lennox and Paxton for the next post -- I'll make myself a reminder so maybe I can remember to take some!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting. Did your Dad tell you that I complained about not having an update? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my dad called yesterday and said you were wondering when a new post was coming :)

      Delete