Wednesday, June 20, 2012

51 days

Today the boys are 51 days old, which makes this our 51st day in the NICU.  I want to start this post by saying how incredibly grateful we are to the NICU for taking care of our babies.  But this Momma is ready for her babies to come home.  I'm so ready for us to have a "normal" life again and for us to figure out what our life with two new babies at home will be.  Today makes 9 weeks that someone in our family has been in the hospital -- it is basically our second home.

Ok, I'm done with the whining and now onto the update.  Both boys are doing very well.  Paxton weighs 3 pounds 14 ounces and Lennox is 5 pounds!  Both are still learning to take a bottle.  They are offered a bottle every other feeding.  At this point, Lennox is doing a little better with the bottle than Paxton.  Occasionally while taking a bottle Paxton will forget to breathe and drop his heart rate.  He will have to quit this before he's allowed to come home.  I was given the 'go ahead' today to try and nurse the boys.  I was able to nurse Lennox this afternoon and he did great!  I will try with Paxton tomorrow.

Paxton in his first outfit
Paxton in his makeshift crib.  I call it his shoebox!
The NICU has so many babies that they are out of cribs, but we're next in line.
Paxton snuggled under the blanket his Gran made.
Lennox alert and awake.

Lennox

Lennox ready for a nap.
Pax Power!

Paxton

Paxton done with pictures.
As the boys gain weight, they are beginning to favor more and more.  I think all three boys are going to look alike and that you will definitely know they are brothers.  However, I cannot believe how much Paxton looks like Conley when he was a baby.  What do you think?
Paxton
Conley

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog! The boys are so cute!!! I agree Paxton looks like his big bro, Conley. I hope I can get Don over to see you all when they come home. If not, maybe the girls and I can come over to visit.

    ReplyDelete